Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Once I almost touched his shoulder in the middle of a pop quiz.

I have finally started my rewatch of My So Called Life. It was necessary.

It's reminding me of my own desperate, desperate Jordan Catalano-esque love from my youth.


I fell in love with a boy the first day of sixth grade at my brand new school. 

I walked into class in my glasses that first day, and sat down at an empty desk in the back, and tried my best not to be noticed. He entered a few minutes later, so tall, and the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen, and he almost sat next to me...and then didn't. 

I was completely and totally in love with him for four years. 

He lived in my neighborhood, and my sister was friends with his sister. I cataloged our every conversation. I can still recall some of them vividly. I remember a dream I had about him once. I'm almost positive he knew I was obsessed with him. 

It was not to be.

One time, a girl I carpooled with, a gorgeous little thing who is now an actress here in LA (hmph), made him her boyfriend and kissed him in the hall in full view of me. Bitch.

Anyway.

My point?

I love Jordan Catalano.

No comments:

Post a Comment