Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Good and the Bad: Weight Loss Edition (V.2)

V.1 is here.

Good things about losing weight:

  • I feel so much healthier: physically, mentally, and spiritually.
  • I can offer to go on a walk with my mom and not dread the exercise.
  • I feel lighter when I move.
  • I feel lighter in my heart.
  • My arms are shrinking.
  • My jawline is poppin'.
  • My hipbones be fly.
  • It's a sign that I've conquered some of my demons.
  • It's proof I've developed positive habits.
  • The looks I get from les hommes.
  • The feeling I get when I strut down the street. 
  • Being awesome.

Bad things about losing weight:

  • Shirts that were cute ten pounds ago now make me look ten pounds heavier. What IS that?
  • I burn less calories when I work out.
  • I can't afford to buy myself rewards, but I do anyway because I have a problem.
  • I actually do need to buy new clothes, and I do, because otherwise I look dumpy. What IS that?
  • I'm worried I'm going to lose my boobs.
  • I'm worried I won't know when to stop.
  • I'm worried I'll plateau before I should stop.
  • I feel a weird disconnected solidarity with people who are "overweight", and have strange thoughts, and I don't know how to feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment