Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Beautiful Like Me

In my constant quest for self-acceptance and self-love, I am trying to focus on the things I love about myself, not the things I hate. 

In that vein, I present a list of ten things I love about my face, my body, my physical self. 


1. The shape of my eyes, I like to think they're slightly exotic.
2. My hair, in college my friends all called it my "Victoria's Secret locks" because it's so big and voluminous and bodacious. 
3. My natural, universe-gifted breasts. I've yo-yoed a lot with my weight and yet they've managed to stay pretty darn perky.
4. My skin, it's naturally pale and porcelain and fairly zit-free, and I try to keep it that way.
5. My feet, they're (usually) sample sized so I can try on the shoes on the floor in stores which makes shopping very easy. Plus, they're cute and wee. 
6. My height. Not too short, not too tall. Juuuust right, Goldilocks-style.
7. My moles and freckles. I have one underneath my left eyebrow that I find particularly cute, and a smattering on that cheek in the shape of an "A", and an arch on my chest. I love them all.
8. My cheekbones. The more weight I lose, the more prominent they are, and it reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to purse my lips and say "this is what I'll look like when I'm adult and beautiful!"
9. The scar on my left wrist from when I sliced open my artery when I was a toddler. It's always been a part of me and I love the familiarity.
10. My smile. It's big and it's bright and it's usually plastered goofily all over my face, genuinely and sincerely. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment