Thursday, April 4, 2013

Yoga Wins

I didn't show up to lunch class today with any specific expectations for my practice in mind. Maybe that's why it ended up being awesome. It wasn't my highest calorie burn, I didn't push myself as hard as I could have, I took a lot of breaks.

BUT.

1) The instructor called out crow pose, and I set myself up for it, and it felt...right. Right in a way that was stable and secure. So I dropped out of the pose, reset, and then I just hung out there for awhile, and BAM. 15 seconds, boom! A goal achieved.


2) Time for headstands! So, the furthest I've gone in a headstand since I was maaaybe ten is about here.


I've tried once or twice to raise my legs, but I just didn't have the ab strength. Today, on a whim, I tried. And they shot up SO FAST! I had no balance, and totally toppled over (almost on the woman next to me), which has been a fear of mine, but I didn't break anything and I didn't die. I moved my mat over to the wall and tried again, I couldn't stay steady with my legs straight, but I'm closer to this goal than I've ever been, and I am so stoked!


Post-class I'm enveloped in a kind of elated bliss, warm and cuddly. I just want to hug the world. The joy I feel when I find a new limit is just unparalleled by anything else.

Plus my ass looked really good in my Lulu pants today.

No comments:

Post a Comment