Friday, May 17, 2013

How To Have Perspective

Okay, so I scraped up my car.

And it was upsetting.


But you know what? I didn't get in an accident. I wasn't at risk of injury, nor was anyone else. It could have been so much worse.

My car is driveable. I have a car. It's not dented, it's just scraped. It could be bigger. When I looked at it this morning it's actually smaller than I thought it was all of last night. And it could have been the handle or something functional, right?

And I did it myself, I didn't find it in a parking lot. It wasn't the result of human indecency. I don't have to curse the world and stew in loathing for others. (I just have to get past it for myself.)

And I didn't hit another car. I don't owe anyone money.

Perspective.


It's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment