Monday, May 6, 2013

Disconnected

On Friday night while I was cleaning up the yoga studios, there was this strange moment where I was watching myself in the mirror out of the corner of my eye, and it was almost like there was a couple of seconds of delay between my movements, and the reflection in the glass.

No, I wasn't high. (Much....)

It was just that, yet again, I'm not quite recognizing what I see. It's my arms that are capturing my attention this time, they look like they've shrunk within the space of a few days, and they don't seem to belong to me anymore. As I pushed the mop around and watched my biceps move, watched my shoulders shift and stretch, they almost looked...thin?

And not like mine.

It was like they were totally detached from me, disconnected, removed.

It was seriously weird.


But awesome, of course, once I got over the shock of it and continued to stare at myself for a while longer, making sure no one caught me from the doorway, admiring myself as I mopped.

Dorky little narcissist.

No comments:

Post a Comment