Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fleetwood Fabulous

I've been trying to start this post forever, and I just can't figure out how.

So this is what I came up with.

#Q($*&#*($&(#*&$)#(*$)#(*$)(#*$)(*#)(*)*

FLEETWOOD MAAAAAAAAAAAAC!!!!

It was so good.

SO GOOD.

We had so much fun. The show was truly amazing, you'd think after so many decades they'd either a) have lost their touch or b) have their performance so tight and slick it's unbelievable, and it's the latter. Truly an incredible concert.

Before the show, my parents and I met up and had a glass (or two) of wine at the hotel we were crashing at for the night, so we didn't have to worry about driving after the show. Then we walked up to Yamashiro, a fantastic fancy sushi restaurant overlooking all of Hollywood. It was a bit of a climb, but SO worth it for the views, and the absolutely amazing food. 




I, of course, ordered their crunchy rice with spicy tuna which was sublime, and a salmon sashimi with pistachios that was literally one of the most amazing things I have ever had in my mouth. Ever. Our meal was finished off with "dessert sushi", which was so fun to try even if it wasn't totally delicious. And a cocktail, of course.



Then we walked over to the Hollywood Bowl for the show! There was no opener, and Fleetwood Mac played for a looong time. They were SO FUCKING INCREDIBLE. Seriously, I was blown away. And I would totally do Lindsay Buckingham. And I want to be cool like Stevie Nicks when I grow up and wear pretty gold shawls and hats and shit. And I wonder how his wife feels about them playing up their reunion thing. 

Overall, I HAD SO MUCH FUN. 

Thanks, parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment