Monday, May 27, 2013

Double Date Day

I had two dates today.

You heard me right. DATES. TWO.

I couldn't have my OkCupid profile up without being tempted to reply to eligible guys, and it's not like you can message back and forth indefinitely. And while I'm being picky about who I meet, a couple of the guys did seem interesting enough, at least for a first date. Nice seeming boys, with jobs. But unless there's was tons of chemistry in person, I'm wasn't sure either would turn into anything more than a bit of fun---one lives far, and one's an actor.

I was looking at those as, you know...intro dates. Tester dates. Like interviews for jobs that are good jobs but you aren't totally sure you want them, but you'll give it your all and see if maybe it's a good fit. But your hopes aren't sky high.

I figured this was good to start off with. 'Cause of course, I was fucking nervous, and I'd be even worse if I was meeting one of the other guys I'm messaging with, who I'm super excited about.

But then.

Guy #1 was very nice, very cute, we had good conversation, witty repartee. He didn't buy my drinks, and there wasn't any sparky chemistry. But I would go on a second date.

Guy #2 was very nice, very cute, we had good conversation, witty repartee. He did buy my drinks, and there was sparky chemistry. I absolutely would go on a second date.

I would declare my return to the dating world a SUCCESS.

Oh. and this was my outfit.


So, who knows where this may lead? But I'm happy with how today went, and proud of myself for climbing back on the proverbial horse.

Or man.

Not that I climbed on a man.

Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment