Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Drishti

I set my alarm last night for 6:40 AM, and changed the text that pops up along with the uplifting theme song from Up (badumdumchh).  Instead of an enthusiastic and ineffectual "YOGA!!!", it now reads, "Get up. Don't you want to feel smug today?"

And I did. I did want to feel smug today. So I got up, and I got dressed, and I went to motherfucking yoga. I AM SMUG.


It was my first time at a Hot Power Fusion class since my hiatus (that's what I'm calling it now, "my hiatus"), and I forgot how different the format is. We didn't do a single chatarunga! Plus, it's sooo much hotter. It was a great class though, 6 activity points and one perfect push-up and a fun, different teacher.

She said something I really loved when she was talking to us about our drishti, our gaze, our focus point. She said to stay centered in our balance and in our lives, not to fall forward into the future or tip backwards into the past, but rest comfortable in the present, picking one thing to focus on at a time.

That's what I'm doing this week. I'm focusing on my positivity, staying in the present, not worrying about past mistakes or future challenges.

SMUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment