Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Final Dose of Oscar Linkage

Okay, after this, I swear I'm done.

Maybe.

First, see my Jennifer get swarmed by her family after winning. So cute!



Now let's deal with some of the darker Oscar links.



Very interesting. I'm not sure I thoroughly agree with all the backlash but I do understand it. I definitely had my moments of "oh come ON!" during the broadcast, but knowing MacFarlane's humor I honestly expected it to be worse. One thing I didn't pick up on that someone pointed out to me was the fact that a lot of the scenes in the movies listed in the "We Saw Your Boobs" songs were, you know rape scenes. OH DEAR. 'Cause, yeah, let's totally point out how we saw dem famous actresses' tittays while they were being violated on screen 'cause that's hilaaaarious. Sigh. I mean, yes some of his schtick is satire, but it's such a fine line and when so much of your humor is anti-woman...yeah. I dunno. And yes, I feel dirty, dirty shame over finding him attractive, still. SHAME.

Quvenzhané Wallis, the C Word, and Our Loss of Innocence




This whole thing, just...ugh. She's NINE YEARS OLD, people. Do you remember what you were like when you were nine? Q has an amazing personality, tons of spunk and wit and charm, confidence and charisma and talent in spades, and people are trying to bring her down. I get the satirical intent by the Onion, but of course they took it way too far, because she's NINE. But what makes me sad is that there are plenty of people out there who would have made that comment without a trace of sarcasm. People are seriously chastising her for "showing her guns" when she was announced as a nominee when that was FROM THE FREAKING MOVIE, because people are awful. Look at the comments on that second link. UGH.

To end this on a brighter note, check out GoFugYourself and Tom and Lorenzo for some fashion commentary.

And let's watch Jennifer win and be adorable and gracious and charming and try to forget how people suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment