Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shrimp Nuggets

This week I decided I was going to try the Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets from Skinny Taste. I am a big fan of the nugget, and when I looked at the recipe I was shocked to find I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen! That has never happened in my whole life! I felt so very domestic and adult.

I moved chicken from my freezer to my fridge on Tuesday to defrost, but when I took it out last night to start cooking, I noticed the date. January 20th.

And I know quite well that I did not buy the chicken this January. Which means that chicken had been languishing in my freezer for over a year. And my parents vetoed me eating it.

Because I am a problem solver, and far too lazy to you know, leave my house and go to the store and buy fresh chicken, I used shrimp instead.

And it was delicious. Plus, a point less per serving!

I'm a winner. Just not of a chicken dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment