Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine's Spirit

So, in case today's onslaught of motherfuckin' LOVE has not made it 100% clear to you, I have decided from this moment on to thoroughly and wholeheartedly embrace the trappings of Valentine's Day without bitterness. It's a holiday designed around my most favorite things. Resistance is futile. I have the spirit.

Thus, when I woke up this morning at 6:30 AM to go to yoga, I dressed head to toe in pink. And post shower, faced with a closet full of options, I again went for the pink. And leopard print heart shaped earrings.

I am nothing if not a cliché.

I blow you sexy, sexy kisses.

Overall, today was full of Valentine's traditions and a lot of self lovin', and it was quite a success.

I picked up chocolate covered strawberries for work as an afternoon treat, of which I devoured three.



After work, I made a romantic dinner for myself, Emily Bites' deep dish pizza casserole with a few modifications. I've made it before so I was comfortable messing with her wisdom, and it was delicious. I used a whole wheat pizza crust and a 6 Italian cheese blend, so it was 10 points per piece instead of 9, but worth the extra for sure.


Entertainment wise, I decided to just go full on cliché. Why not? Thus, after finishing an episode of SVU ('cause what's more romantic than a woman poisoning her adopted daughter with detergent), I'm watching The Notebook.

I'm also giving myself a pedicure. Oooooh yeah.

I really know what  romance is.

No comments:

Post a Comment