Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, my beautiful readers! It's a day of ritual sacrifice. With pie.


I do love me some Turkey Day. Such a splendid way to celebrate our country's history. When we're all done apologizing to the Native Americans (for the, you know, genocide) by watching a bunch of testosterone-fueled football players run into each other, we over-indulge our appetites and taste-buds in the glorious tradition of American gluttony. Stuffing. Turkey. Gravy. Pie. 


No, but seriously folks. This is a glorious holiday. For me, it's traditionally spent with just my immediate family, the people I love most in the whole wide world. With occasional boyfriend/coworker crashers. There are always puppies running around. My mother makes the most amaaazing food. In recent years, it's been drenched in delicious wine I can't afford and gratefully drink. We laugh a lot. We frolic. We go take a walk on the beach. And initiated by my mama, every year we go around the dining room table and share what we are thankful for.

I know that I am an incredibly lucky girl, and have so much to be grateful for. Yes, I may bitch and moan a lot, but I am so thankful for all that I have, and more than anything else I am blessed to have my family. I've known my whole life that I won the universal lottery to have been born with the parents I have, and to share them with that hilarious if infuriating sister of mine. My family is a group of wonderful, ridiculous, loving, kind and wacky people, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. 

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Oh come on, you can think of something.


Other things I am thankful for:
  • I have a job. Even if this job is newly infested with a new employee I want to suffocate with a pile of dirty laundry.
  • I can pay my own rent. 
  • I have supportive, caring, true friends --- and quality is more important than quantity. 
  • I live in one of the most gorgeous cities on the planet, a place millions of people probably dream of living. There are always things to do and see and I am lucky to have the opportunity to explore them all. 
  • I have my health. Of course I have my issues, but I have a working body and mind (usually) and that is something to be grateful for.
  • I have the freedom and ability to make my own decisions.
  • I have never been arrested for any of the illegal shit I do on a regular basis. *cough*
  • I have early access to new movie releases sometimes.
  • And I can fit into sample shoes when I'm shopping.
  • ...I'm not totally ugly.
  • They never found the body.
  • Oh, and I have a fluffy nugget Tree to snuggle with always because he will never die.


Okay, well I guess I'm done.

I hope you all having a truly wonderful, warm, safe and happy holiday! 

xoxo
T

No comments:

Post a Comment