Friday, November 16, 2012

Finally Fall

It finally happened. After yet another irritating heat wave at the beginning of November, LA has caught up with the rest of the country and entered autumn.

Thank you, Baby Jesus.

I love the crispness in the air when I step outside of the office, I love the fact that I can bundle up in a sweatshirt when I'm relaxing at home and pile blankets with me on the couch. I love that it's chilly when I crawl into bed at night. I love that I can bust out my vast collection of scarves and cute hats, and wear boots, and be cold.

I much prefer being cold to being hot. Heat makes me a bitch. Or, a bigger bitch. Of course, when I say "cold" I mean "less than 70 degrees", so all y'all who don't live in SoCal have the right to mock me.

Plus, Mr. Tree is much more snugglier when it's cooler outside, so that's fun too. Though less fun when he literally will NOT get off of me no matter how many times I remove him. He seems to think it's funny. Like last night he kept trying to stretch himself across my keyboard while I was typing, I swear to you I pushed him off five times before I finally gave up and stopped writing.

Anyway.

When I woke up yesterday morning, I knew rain was on the way. I just have a sixth sense for these things, it's like I have ESPN or something. I'm sure the cloudy skies had nothing to do with my inkling. And yes, the rain came, and it came again overnight, and supposedly I will get more later today.

I've always found something so magical about rain. Even when I lived in Seattle, sure it lost its novelty, but I still never got tired of the sound of the drops hitting my window, the smell in the air, the feeling of running outside and twirling as the water soaked into my skin. I love the way a California sky looks after rain, when the sun seems so much more golden and the clouds look like they're painted in the sky.

Hello, fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment