Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNoWriMo Check In: Day #10, Evening

So, I lost some work this week. Apparently, over the course of three days, I never saved any of my writing. Because I'm just not that bright, as we have rather thoroughly established I think. Okay, let me retract that bit of self-deprecation. Maybe I'm brighter than some, but I'm definitely a bit flaky. That I will not deny.

It was maybe 1,000 words or so, nothing catastrophic, but I was distressed. And recreating took some time, so I lost a little momentum. Overall, I'm still falling pretty far behind, but I persevere. I spent a good chunk of today writing, at least. I have a pretty solid outline now, and an idea of where I'm going, but I get stuck on dialogue and can't help the editing voice in my head. Shut up, internal editor. No bits I'm particularly proud of yet, but I think I like where it's going? I like one of my characters a lot. I want to have sex with him.

Ahem. Anywho. One thing I'm having trouble with is chapters and transitions. I like to just write, I have trouble figuring out when to break things up in to chapters. Not that it really matters, obviously, but if you haven't picked up by now, I just love to fixate on the little things to distract myself from the big. So, no chapters, just a stream of crap. Or gold. Who knows?

I am going to try to add 1,000 words a day every day until Thursday, we shall see how that goes. I have the time. That, plus any blogging, and I've been rather prolific, should bring me sort of nearish to 20,000. Not quite half, but at least within sneezing distance.

Bless me.

Fiction Word Count: 6,705
Blog Word Count: 8,415
Total: 15,121

No comments:

Post a Comment