Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NaNoWriMo Check In: Day #20, Evening

Yeah...so okay. Fine. I'll admit it, I'm not a champion this year.

I mean, I still might be. Maybe. It could happen. But it is becoming increasingly unlikely. I might, might make it to 50k words total, but I don't think there's a shot in hell I'll have 50k of fiction at the end of the month. C'est la vie.

I'm just not in love with my story. I have not found my groove, my mojo, my vibe, the flooow. It's like pulling teeth to get a single word typed out. I'm bouncing around from scene to scene, page to page, unable to find the thread of the story, unable to just go with it. I'm too self-critical as I write, which keeps me from pushing forward. I know how it feels when I'm creating something I love, and I'm just not doing that right now. Which makes it very hard to motivate myself to sit down and get some fucking words out.

Har-fucking-rumph.

At least I've been pretty verbose on this here blog. I wish gifs counted as words though, even if pictures don't. I mean, they would be worth way more than a thousand.

Fiction Word Count: 9,795
Blog Word Count: 14,363
Total: 24,158

No comments:

Post a Comment