Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blame It On Hell-A

I'm up to page 48 of "The Willpower Principle". I am impressive, what with my ability to read a whole 28 pages in the space of a week and a half. I plan to commit to reading a bunch this weekend, but since I have yet to finish the book and thus have no willpower to use to force myself to abandon the TV and read, we'll see how that goes.

I really like the book, don't get me wrong. It's definitely going to be applicable to my life and my behaviors, and in fact in the space of 48 pages I've already gone, "that's me!"  about nineteen times. I think it'll help me, once I you know...read it, and I've started highlighting the bits I like best.

For example: apparently willpower is tied to your heart rate variability, IE how the pattern of your heartbeat changes due to your surroundings. The more variability, the more willpower. Apparently there are a lot of external factors that can affect your variability, like your diet and stress.

AND I QUOTE:

"...poor air quality decreases heart rate variability---yes, L.A.'s smog may be contributing to the high percentage of movie stars in rehab."

SEE? SEE? NOT MY FUCKING FAULT!

I love when I can blame anything but myself.

Because I'm perfect.

Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment