1) Wake up smiling, because it rained all night long.
2) Immediately stop smiling when you get out of bed to pee and step in cat vomit. Yes, Mr. Tree saw a wonderfully clean apartment, and decided, "I must puke here."
3) Catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and notice, for the second day in a row, that you're really almost bitty---extra ten pounds or not. Resume smiling because a shift in perspective is always nice.
4) Crawl back into bed and notice the power must have gone out overnight, as the clock is flashing. Decide this means you have a reasonable excuse for being tardy for work.
5) End up going to work on time anyway, because you fail at being late.
6) Eat a banana.