Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Liebster Awards!

Last year, the adorable Blake over at SteadyThreeSixty nominated me for something called a Liebster Award. Thanks, Blake! It's a fun way to discover new blogs, which is definitely something I'm trying to do lately.






How it works: Share eleven facts about yourself. Answer eleven questions from the person who gave you the award. Nominate eleven blogs and list eleven questions for them to answer.

Simple, no?

So let's get crackin'.


11 Facts

1. I've never lived anywhere longer than five years. I was born in Phoenix, moved to the Bay Area when I was four, moved to Missouri when I was eight, Texas a year later, the East Bay another year and a half after that (Alamo, specifically), then Santa Barbara when I was fifteen. Off to Seattle for college for three years, then back to SB, then down to LA. I imagine I'll be fleeing the smog in another two years or so. Nomadic at heart.


2. I. Love. Mushrooms. I want them on or in pretty much everything. Someone told me recently they don't really have any nutritional value, and I was crushed. I wish I could eat nothing but mushrooms. And maybe cheese.

3. I also love pancakes more than most other things. I have such fond memories of every Sunday morning growing up, when my dad would make Bisquick pancakes with Jif peanut butter and Log Cabin Lite syrup. Tastes like childhood.

4. Two of my bottom teeth are still baby teeth. I never had adult teeth grow in underneath. Eventually I will prob have to have implants. I want gold ones. #SWAG


5. I am 5'4 and a half inches tall. A few years ago I went to the doctor and they told me I was 5'5 and I felt so fabulously tall, and then the next time I went back they took that extra inch away. Bitches.

6. I'm not particularly good at reading a clock. I know how, obviously, I'm not a complete idiot. It just takes me a little longer than it probably should and as a result I never wear a watch 'cause I don't want people to ask me what time it is and be like "wow, that was a long pause". But now I want a Michael Kors watch, because they're baller. Dilemma.

7. If I was a Disney princess, I'd be Belle, 'cause she has brown hair and likes books. I'm a simple creature.


8. Speaking of books, I used to read a lot as kid. A lot a lot. Like, I'd bring books to school and read during recess instead of being social, and the only time I was ever "grounded" as a kid was when my mom caught me reading with a flashlight in the middle of the night. My punishment was no reading for a day. I told her she was stunting my intellectual growth. I read so much that I developed a pretty impressive vocabulary when I was young, but because I only knew the words through seeing them I didn't know how to pronounce them. So for years I'd use some big fancy word and get corrected on it, though I always used it properly. It still happens occasionally, not gonna lie.

9. When I was little, I really hated my name. 'Cause BOYS had my name, and that was just unacceptable to me. I wanted to change my name to Mary, who knows why, probably 'cause it was the most basic, feminine name I could think of. When I got older I started wanting to go by my middle name, Kristine, but of course I'd never remember to answer to it. I think once I got to be 16 or so I started liking my name, and now I love it. It's pretty common for girls 10 or more years younger than me, but not a lot of people in my age range have my name. (Taylors Swift, Momsen and Schilling aside.)

10. I'm loud. Loudloudloud. I don't mean to be, I think it's a result of doing theater starting when I was four years old: I project. Whenever I get excited or passionate about something my voice rises and rises and I don't even know it's happening. You'd think that because I'm aware of this problem it wouldn't hurt my feelings when people tell me to be quiet, but oh it does, it really does. I hear "be quieter" as "never talk again, you're stupid" and then I cry. I'm a delicate flower.



11. I was an 'N Sync girl. FUCK YOU BACKSTREET BOYS.


Blake's Questions


1. If money wasn't an object, what would you buy for yourself?

ALL THE THINGS. But number one on my list would probably be a house of my own in Santa Barbara, with a view and a yard and a big giant master bathroom. With a tub.



2. What would be harder to tell someone: "I love you" or "I don't love you like you love me"?

The latter. I've had that feeling before and never had the courage to speak it aloud. I'm cowardly like that.


3. What is one of the weirdest things about you? (a weird habit, something you do, a snack you love that people think is weird..)


This question offends me.






Seriously, I can't think of anything. Obviously I'm exceptionally strange in many ways, but I can't pinpoint anything specific...maybe my love of chili cheese Fritos dipped in cottage cheese? Delish.

4. When you were growing up (or even currently), did you have a favorite movie that you watched over and over and over again?


Grease! I swear I watched that VHS once a day in my parents' bedroom for an entire summer. Too bad about the whole John Travolta/Scientology/trapped in the closet/creepy molester fucker thing.




5. Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it?


See above! I didn't really "grow up" anywhere, but mostly in bigger town/suburban environments. What I liked about my childhood was that the constant change taught me to adapt and be very self-sufficient. I learned how to be completely happy alone. I never lived in a real city as a kid, mostly suburbs.


6. What was your favorite vacation and why? (If you don't have one, what would be your favorite vacation spot and why?)


I've been lucky enough in my life to travel to tons of amazing places, courtesy of my ever so generous father. I would say my favorite vacation was a cruise my family took to the Mediterranean the summer before I went to college. Except for my father, none of us had been to Europe before, and it was such a magical, once in a life time experience. We went to a variety of different places in Italy, Greece and Turkey, and spent countless hours drunk and laughing on the ship. Good times.


7. Do you believe that what goes around comes back around? Why?

Yes and no. I want to believe in karma, and the idea that those who do bad will have bad done to them, and in the end we get what we deserve. But we can all name a dozen people who are absolute douchecanoes and have seemingly fantastic lives, and wonderful people who have nothing but terrible luck. So...yes, I do believe in the idea, but sometimes the coming back around is not in a form anyone can recognize. My hope is that evil people are all secretly miserable even if they seem happy.


8. If someone told you that you had to write a book, what would you write about and what would be the title?


I'd probably be like "fuck you I do what I want", and I'd just name the book after my blog and replicate all my ramblings. Cha-ching.


9. What is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to you?


"You're like the frosting on top of a cupcake."




10. Tell us about your first crush, please.


Oh my...I'll tell you about two, how's that? #1 was Daniel, a charming boy with a rat tail hairstyle who was in my first and second grade classes. Unfortunately, one of my BFFs shared my love for this miniature rebel, and we overwhelmed him with our affections. One day we both put love notes in his lunchbox. Yes. He was terrified. Then, there was Jeff. On my first day of sixth grade at a new school, I was sitting in math class when the most beautiful boy I have ever seen walked in. I remember thinking, "sit next to me, sit next to me". He did not. But I continued to be obsessed with him for four years. He was tall. I like 'em tall.


11. If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 48 hours straight, what song would you choose?


Hmm...well, I have a new favorite song every week, so it would depend on when this was going down. But I'm guessing I could listen to nothing but Florence + The Machine's "Howl" for the rest of my life, and be happy.


My Nominations

I Don't Do Salad
Running Around The Bucket
Texas Raised and Running
Vegging Out In Sac Town
Line Up And Wait
Hello Miss Kelly
Healing Hunger
The Panda Post
All You Need Is Enough
Can Anybody Hear Me?
Transformation Scott

My Questions

1. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
2. If you could visit any planet (besides Earth, obvi), where would you go? Assuming you won't die due to atmospheric conditions.
3. What's the earliest memory you have?
4. What's your favorite color, and what do you think this says about you?
5. Have you ever broken a bone? Tell us the story.
6. Where do you want to be in five years?
7. If you had your choice between living forever, but never finding true love, or finding your soulmate but only living until age 50, which would you pick?
8. Who is your celebrity doppelganger?
9. Who is on your "Freebie Five" list, IE the five celebrities you can bang without it being considered cheating?
10. What was your dream job when you were a little kid?
11. What is your biggest regret?

No comments:

Post a Comment