Monday, January 28, 2013

Book List 2013

Each year for the past three or so, I've set the goal of reading 50 books over the course of the year.

I have yet to achieve said goal.


I'm an incredibly fast reader, and can put down a 250 page book in one night. And I love to read, if I'm in the mood I'll do nothing but for an entire week until my neck cramps up and my fingers are shredded with paper cuts. (Yeah, not really, but it sounded good..) I have a big fat overfilled bookcase full of stories I haven't read yet. And now I have my shiny new Kindle.

The problem is, I'm not always in the mood. It's just so much easier to flip on my boyfriend, the ever so handsome Roku Box, and pound out some TV shows, or set up a playlist and spend an hour on Jezebel. Or just...lounge.

Last year, I swore I was totally doing it. Reading up a storm. But...not so much.

This year though...yes. OH YES. IT IS ON.

Granted, January is almost over and I'm not quite on track, which would be 4ish books a month. But it's okay. I'll catch up!

Thus far I have read...

1. "What We Do For Love" by Ilene Beckerman
2. "On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl's Guide to Personal Finance" by Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar
3. "My Booky-Wook: A Memoir of Sex, Drugs and Stand-Up" by Russell Brand
4. "The Body Finder" by Kimberly Derting (in progress)

So, yeah, I'm behind. But I'll get there.

Any recommendations for me?

1 comment:

  1. Anything by Jen Lancaster. She is sooo funny, she hasn't let me down yet!! :-)

    And even though most of them are old now...Oprah's book club always had some really good reads! Just google for a list of titles.

    50 books is such a great goal..I think I'm gonna try for 5! Lol. As much as I LOVE to read, I just never seem to have the time anymore.

    ReplyDelete