Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Faux Fabulous

All my life (um, lies, maybe for the last year), I have dreamed of leather leggings.

They just seem sexy. And sassy. And a little bad-ass. And like they're something cool girls wear who like, drink coffee and have boyfriends and ride Vespas and shit. I don't do any of those things. So I never wore leather leggings.

Plus, you know: expensive.

But damn it, I wanted them. My shallow whims would not be denied any longer. Armed with one of my Nordstrom gift cards and a tiny bit of burgeoning self-confidence, I found a pair of reasonably priced fake leather leggings this week and wore them for last night's NYE festiveness.

Hot.

As.

Shit.

Picture fail. There's another 2013 resolution:
better pictures. This doesn't count 'cause
I took it in 2012. Yup.

I love them. They are my inner child come out to play. They are instant style. They make me strut around like I'm a Kardashian. They're just pretty. And they help fulfill my #9 Resolution, which I will elaborate on now.

I want to be faaabulous. And in order to be it, I need to feel it, and thus look it, which means faking it for awhile. Faux. This year, I'm gonna fake it till I make it (to appropriate a rather overused term but hey, it works). I'm going to give into my inner narcissist and fashionista and do myself up all fancy, wear whatever the hell I want and spend more than three dollars on eye shadow and throw away all my shirts with holes. I want to feel fantastic every time I step outside my door.

'Cause you never know who you might meet, and you never know who might try to sell you a Vespa.

No comments:

Post a Comment