Thursday, January 3, 2013

Just Say Yes

I've thought of yet another resolution.

I know, I know. I'm just setting myself up for failure. I'm gonna end up disappointed in myself. I'll get overwhelmed. I'll give up. I know all this. So shut up.

But seriously, this resolution is a good one. It's a new life philosophy.

Are you ready?

Just. Say. Yes.



My default response to almost any inquiry (unless it's "want something to eat?") is "no."

No, I would not like to go to a bar tonight..
No, I do not wish to answer the phone.
No, I don't want to leave my apartment. Ever.
No no no no no no no.

But this year, I'm going to try to say "yes" to things. How will my life change if I don't open myself up to new possibilities? How will I expand my horizons if I reject any offered opportunity? Saying "yes" is the path to exciting experiences and personal progress. It will get me out of the house more, it will push my limits, it will lead me to the change I so desperately seek. 

Obviously, I won't say "yes" all the time. Sometimes I'm allowed a "no", especially if I'm turning down an alleyway make-out with a drunken frat boy. But for the most part from here on out, yes. I'm going to say "yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment