Monday, March 11, 2013

Vegas: The Food

I won't lie to you, folks. I did not diet in Vegas.

But why the hell should I? It's Vegas. And it's vacation. And my birthday. And, you know, if you're going to drink a whole bunch you should probably eat something more substantial than bird food and anti-depressants.

So, I tried this experiment. I basically, without being creepy or obsessive about it, ate about what my friends ate, more or less. Bananas and Doritos and beef jerky and and pizza and coconut water and regular soda for mixers! A healthy spread at the buffet, veggies plus smaller servings of unhealthier things, and tastes of a few desserts and some cotton candy from a tree. More pizza, again. Chipotle.

And, you know. Booze. And five hour energy, to keep me awake. That shit's magic.


And you know what? I feel perfectly happy about how I did. Goal accomplished. I ate, and indulged, but didn't go crazy. And like I said, you need to prepare for drinking, and treat your hangovers, you know, and my hangovers needed carbs and salt and sleeeeeeeep.


But then, last night, I got a little bingey. The first twinges of it in a few weeks. I started compulsively eating some peanut butter pretzels left behind by one of the girls, not because I was hungry, just because they were there. And I didn't even really like them. And I had a few more snacks throughout the night.

When I woke up this morning, I felt guilt. I felt fat. I wanted to punish myself. I started thinking, well maybe one more day of bad eating and---

NO. NO. NO.

I am back on track. There will be none of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment