Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Documented Mood

I got into a documentary mood this week. It was weird, I'm not usually a fan of documentaries, as a rule. I'm a fourteen year old girl at heart, honestly, if there isn't some sexytime in a movie I am less inclined to watch it. But I got this little itch, and I decided to watch some educational films.

First I watched Hungry For Change.


Overall I found it really interesting, and it had a lot of great information, but it is a big juicing commercial mostly. One of the contributors was Dr. Alejandro Junger, who created the Clean cleanse I did a few years ago that I definitely want to do again when I have the money. There were a lot of other fascinating people sharing their knowledge and opinions on nutrition and food, and while I definitely don't agree with all the hippie mumbo jumbo that was spouted I found it a really informative documentary. I definitely recommend watching it, but take it with a grain of salt.

Two things that really stuck in my head:

*"When you're upset, don't eat." Such a simple concept, and definitely in line with what I'm learning about myself, but I hadn't had it explicitly said to me in such a way. If you never try to fix an upset feeling with food you're much less likely to confuse hunger with your negative emotions.
*"I accept myself unconditionally, right now." It was suggested that you write this on your bathroom mirror, look yourself in the eyes every morning and night and say it out loud. It sounds silly, but I think I might start this.

I also watched Happy, which is about, you guessed it, happiness. Honestly, I multi-tasked while watching it and didn't give it my full attention, but it was definitely cute every time I tuned in. Happiness!


Tonight, I watched Food Matters, which is summed up with "if you eat garbage, you're gonna get garbage". What you put in your body matters. It was good, short.


I might watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead at some point this weekend. More juicing! I like the idea of it, but a juicer is so much money I don't have. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment