Monday, March 25, 2013

Budget Brain

I was pretty good last year about keeping a budget, and (mostly) following it. I mean, I wasn't keeping myself to a particularly restrictive framework, but for the most part I kept under my limits, saved a little, acted like an adult.


Then when I, you know, went crazy and all that, the budget went BOOM. 'Cause it's kind of hard to stick to your dining out funds when you're binging twice a day, you know?

Along with the oodles of other goals I came up with for 2013, I wanted to get back to budgeting, 'cause this girl needs to save, and stop wasting money on stupid shit.

I did some reading and decided to start with a method I found online, mostly 'cause it allowed me to delay the actual budgeting part of budgeting for a few months. For the first three months of this year I didn't track my spending, just went about my normal business, flashing my plastic all over the place. Now that we're nearing the end of March, I'm diving into my bills and tracking my spending, figuring out where most of my  money goes, and deciding where I can cut down.

Yeah.

 Ew.

Wouldn't it be nice to have unlimited funds? Or, hey, let's think smaller, more reasonable. Wouldn't it be nice to have gotten a raise sometime in the last two years?


1 comment: