Friday, March 1, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude

I had yet another incredible yoga class on my lunch break today. I think I'm starting to get into a groove with my practice. I'm embracing the struggle, and finding new ways to challenge myself. I'm discovering fun in the familiar and the foreign and I'm improving every day.

Today's Friday, which means my favorite teacher's class! She's just the best. I showed up today and she said "Taylor! Hey, baby doll!" It just makes me feel so happy when she acts like she's glad to see me. She's full of positive energy and her flows kick my butt. Love her!

At the beginning of every class at my studio, the instructor asks you to think of something to focus on during your practice---a dedication, a devotion, someone or something you want to honor. Lately I've been trying to focus on, well, focusing. I often let my mind wander during class, trying to escape the heat and the pain, thinking of what I'm going to do later or mentally singing along with the music. I've been doing much better lately, though, staying tuned in to my body and my practice, conscious on my mat, and today Ali said something that really spoke to me. She offered up her own devotion for us to share, that she is trying to have an "attitude of gratitude".

So this is what I focused on during class today, and this is what I am going to share with you all now.

Today I am grateful for:

*My body. It is perfect in its imperfections. All I am is all I need, I can move and turn and run and bend and I am (mostly) healthy and whole and lucky to be me.
*My happiness. It grows every day and I'm in love with it. I wish I could bottle it.
*My parents. I know that no matter what may happen to me in the future, I will always have their support, generosity and love and I will never truly be alone, and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.
*My cat. 'Cause duh.
*My best friends, who are so good to me and who are giving me such an awesome birthday trip next week.
*The fact that I live in Southern California, and it's freaking 80 degrees today and GORGEOUS.
*My boobs. They're nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment