Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 1/30: The Basics

My first day of The Whole 30 went pretty well! I wasn't prepared for the day (and by that I mean, my fridge was not prepared) but I did my best and ate pretty simply, and now I'm all set up for the rest of the week.

This morning I stopped at Ralph's on my way to work and got some stuff for the office as well as a a fresh juice for myself and a few other things. That was my breakfast, along with a banana.



My mid-morning snack was some smoked salmon and cucumber slices. A very tasty combo!


I headed to Trader Joe's at lunch and got the makings for some basic easy meals, and a crockpot soup I'm going to make tomorrow morning.


I had a little lunch at home, some roasted deli chicken, olives and a hard-boiled egg.


Later in the afternoon I had round two of salmon and cucumber, with some nuts for healthy fats!


For dinner, I had a TJ's frozen shrimp stirfry sauteed in coconut oil. SO delicious!


I feel satisfied and pleased with how my day went. Tomorrow I'll try for more variety and bulk in my food, but today was good. Go. Me. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and keep us updated with this! I'm too afraid to try, but maybe you'll be the motivation I need?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you ate looks really good! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete