Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The First Step

It's often said that admitting you have a problem is the first step towards solving it.

I do agree with this, somewhat, but I would say that "admitting" your problem is really more of a preliminary step. A precursor. A prologue, if you will. It's the catalyst for taking the first step. It's not really a step at all. Because one can admit they have a problem and do nothing to solve it for a very very very long time.

I know this from experience.

Thinking that you have a problem, and simply living with that problem...is not a way to move forward towards a resolution or a happier life.

Today I took a real first step. I did some research, I found a therapist in my area who specializes in my issues, and I left her a message to schedule a free consultation.

That? Is progress.

Happy Taylor today.

No comments:

Post a Comment