Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Last Christmas

Christmas is almost over.

WAAAAH. WHAT WILL I POST ABOUT NOW?


I had just the best of days today. Honestly, I know fully and completely that I am so lucky to have the family that I do, to live the life I have (despite my ever-present complaints), and I appreciate how blessed I am. "Blessed" in the cosmic sense, not like....religiousity wise. No offense to your beliefs and all, but before dinner I said, "Maybe we should say grace?" and everyone cracked up, so that should tell you all you need to know about my family's holiday reverence. I worship capitalism and consumerism and Pagan festiveness.

And Jesus was born in like, June. Or September? Something.

ANYWAY.

Dinner, of course, was absolutely decadent and incredible, which is to be expected. I made deviled eggs...divine. But of course, the real credit goes to El Madre and her culinary skillz. The TK family tradition is Thanksgiving Redux, turkey and gravy and green beans and such, and I have no complaints about that. Just...nom. So good. I could feast on stuffing until death and be quite happy about it, honestly. And then there was pie.


After dinner we played a few rounds of Scattergories, which my mother gifted to the family on Christmas Eve. (Back to tradition, every C.E. we open one gift each, which is always in the area of pjs/slippers/games/books. This year I got a pretty sweet nightgown and fuzzy fuzzy socks. And also, the game for the group.) Scattergories is super fun, SUPER INDEED. I do love the word games. And I enjoy an opportunity to use my brain, since my day job doesn't provide that particular fulfillment. After the gaming, we took to the couches with glasses of wine and watched "Magic Mike".


So Christmas-appropriate, no? "It's A Wonderful Life", "A Christmas Story", "Love Actually"...naked stripper man movie. Totally appropriate for the spirit of the season.

Sure.


Mmm. Yes.

So.

It's raining outside my window, a wonderfully kind gift from Santa or Mother Nature or whoever. SoCal has cooperated the last few days, provided winter appropriate weather to celebrate the holiday. I love when it's cold...which means a high of maybe 65 or so. Yeah. Ridiculous.

But basically, I have no complaints.  

I hope you and yours had an amazing, hilarious, loving, generous, warm and wonderful Christmas. 

You know...if that's what you're into.

Belated Happy Hanukkah, by the way. If that's your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment