Monday, December 10, 2012

Cheer Up Buttercup


I keep having these moments of clarity, but then I let my mind get clouded over again and soon I'm sucked back into the same cyclical anxiety.

Bah, humbug.

What is the damn rush? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am trying really hard to be in the moment and not constantly look backwards or forwards. Not constantly obsess about decisions or mistakes a few weeks ago or where I think I should be in a few more.

Just.

Fucking.

Stop.

It will all be okay. I promise you. It will be.

And it's 2013 soon. This shit gets a reboot.

ANYWAYS. GOOD MORNING, MONDAY.

I choose to be in a good mood today. For a few very important reasons.

1) Yesterday's "working on a Sunday" was much more enjoyable that last weekend's, and as a result of the hard work of two of my coworkers and the mild effort work of myself, I get to enjoy this view from my desk:
I artfully put those snowflake decals on the wall...


And these views are pretty sweet too:


SNOWFLAKE QUEEN.
 And of course:


CHRISTMAS ALL UP IN THIS JOINT.

2) I heard from GSquared. (As pointed out by my smarter-than-me-BFF this weekend, if there were three gingers then technically he's GingerCubed...durrr. But that doesn't sound as good. And since the second one stood me up, I'll go with GS for now.) It was kind of adorable actually. He texted me, basically, "Hi. We're going bowling. What nights are you free?" Then, a few minutes later when I hadn't replied right away... "If you want to, that is." So. Cute. Seriously though, boys and their activity dates. Always.

3) I think Bentley is improving, a little? It's so hard to tell. He's eating some, but not as much as his normal self, and I don't think he's had any water or peed in like, two days... I should probably have the X-rays done just for my peace of mind unless he magically starts frolicking like a kitten tomorrow.

4) Oh right, GOOD mood. Um...only 10 more work days until vacation? I have the week off, paid, between Christmas and New Years. Hell to the yeeeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment