Saturday, December 29, 2012

Treat. Yo. SELF.

Sure, we're still in the season of the year that's all about spreading joy and love and tchotchkes and whatnot to the world. Gifting. Generosity. The like. And I did that, gleefully, for the past couple of weeks. But this time of year is also for reflecting on the past twelve months, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a rough couple. We all need a little self-love, too. (Not the naughty kind.)

So I do declare, it is time to give ourselves what we deserve. In the immortal words of "Parks & Recreation":


Lucky for me, a handful of generous people gifted me a bunch of shiny, cash-filled gift cards, so I am all set up to do a little retail therapy. Give myself some shiny baubles. Indulge in a little excess and extravagance. I already bought two new pairs of yoga pants online (courtesy of a kind and generous coworker), and succumbed to my months-long obsession with a pair of sparkly heels at Marshalls. They were on sale, and my size was sitting there, unloved, since October. It was meant to be.


This season is also about recharging your batteries for the future challenges to come. Relax, reassess, decompress and prepare for the coming year. And the best way to do that is to, what now gentle readers?


I hereby give you all permission, nay, I give you all license to go out in the world, forget about your stresses and worries and needy people who always want you to do shit, and focus on yourself. Clothes. Fragrances. Massages. Mimosas. Fine leather goods.

Treat.

Yo.


Self.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I read this! I just got back from about 4 hours of shopping with my mom. I got myself a lot of new things as well as some stuff for the little one. I was sitting hear looking at all of the bags of stuff and started feeling guilty. Heck no! I went out and treated myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you had a "treat yo self day"! You definitely deserved it!

      Delete