Monday, December 3, 2012

Kick My Ass

I keep saying I don't want to be hard on myself.

I'm delicate, I say. I'm fragile. I have issues. I've spent a long time being hard on myself, insulting and scolding and punishing, so I should try being kind. I should allow my flaws instead of criticizing them. I should relax, there's no rush. I should be gentle, because I'm damaged. I should stop calling myself fat, and lazy, and ungrateful, and stupid, and fat. I should treat myself with love, and compassion, and respect. I should stop putting so much pressure on myself to be perfect. I should just be nice to ME, like I'm nice to everyone else.

Or maybe I'm just a big giant fucking baby who needs a little tough love. Maybe?

Maybe I need to stop letting myself change my mind or logic myself out of good choices. Maybe, I just need to tell myself I have no more fucking excuses, no more rationalizations, and I just need to do it. Maybe I just need to kick my own ass.

But I don't even really know how to do that.

Does anyone want to volunteer for the role of ass-kicker? It pays nothing but my love, and also my loathing, when you try to make me do something I don't want to do.

So maybe I should hire someone I already hate?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

2 comments:

  1. I will be your ass kicker if you'll be mine! haha. I need some motivation, and I'm always so hard on myself too. This post was exactly what I needed to read tonight. I just got in a huge fight with my best friend, yelling at him because he "doesn't understand" me or my problems. Sigh :/

    Then, after we argued, I started thinking that maybe it was my fault.. maybe I am the bad person.

    I also wanted to stop by and let you know that I nominated you for the liebster award. If you want to participate, you can read about it on my blog! http://steadythreesixty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Blake, you are AWESOME! I will def post questions of my own in the next few days!

      Delete