Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ms. Carrie Okey

Y'all.

I sang karaoke.


*pause for gasps*

How did this happen, you might wonder? Well, the boy I went out with on Sunday, he who introduced me to his friends, insisted we were going to sing karaoke on our second date. I told him in order for this to go down, he was picking me up and getting me drunk. Obviously he didn't have a problem with this.

I. Was. Fucking. Petrified. All. Damn. Day.

When he picked me up, I told him this. I believe my exact words were, "You created a situation in which I was nervous for our date, and not in a good way. Nice job."

I'm such a bitch.


He told me I didn't have to sing, but I spent all day yesterday Googling karaoke songs and singing to myself in the car because I AM A GODDAMN NERD, and I picked a fun song in my range, and I sang dammit. And people sang along and cheered, and according to my date I did awesome. Though he has to say that.

But I declare it was a success. My biggest fear did not come true: I did not fall off the stage.


Oh, what did I sing?


So yes, the date itself? Fun! Totally out of my comfort zone, which is definitely a good thing. We laughed and talked and you know, flirted. It was date-ish. As for the guy? I think I like. He's sweet and simple (not in a bad way) and seems sincere. I enjoy his company. Which is the whole point, right?

Right.

And he wants to see me again, ASAP. That certainly fluffs up the ego.

Which is also the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment