Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cookie Cutter Crazy

I'm going to put this out into the universe. Maybe if I see the words on screen, say them to you all, my ever loyal readers, I'll actually hear them, and absorb them, and take them to heart.

I really need to stop eating.


I'm not binging, no. Not really. But I am certainly eating badly, and I am definitely eating more than I need to be. And I have been for quite some time, since my Whole30, really, off and on. But binging, no, I won't call it that. So that's good, right?

You know what I think it is? Despite the fact that things are going mostly well for me right now, teacher training and new boys and fun times, I'm feeling so...unfulfilled. Unsatisfied. I want more of something, and I don't know what, and I'm using food to try to fill whatever this void is inside me. Instead of eating well and nourishing my body and nurturing my soul and making myself happier in the way I know works best, I'm stuffing my feelings down with all this crap I know I don't need, and I'm just carving that void bigger and bigger. Because I don't want to be happy, apparently.

I'm so stereotypical.

I just want. All the time. I want to be happier, but I don't want to do the work. I want more attention, and more validation, and more success, but I don't think I deserve any of it, and I again, don't want to work for it. I want to be thinner and prettier and better and smarter, I want to be more than I am, but I don't know how. I just want want want.


And right now, I really want a cookie.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I could have written this post. SERIOUSLY. I think you put into words everything I've been feeling without knowing how to articulate it.

    "I just want. All the time. I want to be happier, but I don't want to do the work. I want more attention, and more validation, and more success, but I don't think I deserve any of it, and I again, don't want to work for it. I want to be thinner and prettier and better and smarter, I want to be more than I am, but I don't know how. I just want want want."

    ^ That is me to a T.

    I feel ya girl. Hang in there, we will get out of this rut we are in, if you ever wanna talk or be talked off the "oreo ledge" ... shoot me an email!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then eat a cookie. Stop trying to fight it. Believe me, once I stopped fighting it after reading Overcoming Overeating by Hirschmann things are a lot easier now!

    ReplyDelete