Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Money Dance

I love money. I love it.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't tell you the whole story. Sure, a miserable person will not be made instantly joyful by the addition of a few dollars to their bank account. Money does not give you family or true friends or purpose in life. Money doesn't make you a good person.

But you know what money does? It makes life easier. It cushions the blows. If you're miserable and lonely, well at least with money you can buy a plethora of hobbies and a few dogs. Maybe even rent a friend. Money lets you enjoy the things life has to offer --- theater, restaurants, travel. Money limits your stress. Money smells good.

I have a point, I swear.

My second car accident on that fateful day in August resulted in minimal damage to my front bumper. Today I had an appointment to get my car evaluated, and planned to request a check on the spot, since you can barely see the dents and I don't want to get it fixed yet and honestly I just don't give a fuck. I love money.

Yes, I did consider taking a hammer to my car to cause more damage and get more money. But I did not. Because that's ILLEGAL.

Anyway, I just got back from the body shop. I was expecting a couple hundred dollars maybe...but we all know how expensive car repairs are, and multiple pieces of my bumper had nicks and dents. So I was a little hopeful.

And I ended up with an entire month's worth of rent. CASH.

'MERIKA FUCK YEAH!

I love money and capitalism and shiny things.

No comments:

Post a Comment