Monday, October 8, 2012

Chew Dream Repeat

I have one reoccuring dream. Just one.

Is it sexy in nature? No. Does it feature anyone in my life or past? Nope. Is it a pleasant dream? Nah, of course not. That would be silly. Why would my psyche care to repeat something wonderful over and over again? Simply lunacy.

In this dream, I'm chewing gum. I decide to remove said gum And I cannot. I put my fingers in my mouth and pull and pull, it sticks to my teeth and my tongue and I can't get it out, I end up with handfuls of sticky stringy gum in my hands and still have a mouthful, I did in the cracks of my teeth and the back of my throat and I can't get it all out.

It's very unpleasant.

This is why I rarely chew gum now.

I've had this dream a few times in the past month. I have it so often that I have trouble remembering every time. But I've definitely endured it at least once this week. I finally thought to Google this dream the other day, after enduring it for probably over a decade.

Apparently, it's not uncommon.

To dream of gum means that "you are unable to express yourself effectively. You may feel vulnerable. To dream that you are unable to get rid of your gum, suggests that you are experiencing some indecision, powerlessness or frustration. You may lack understanding in a situation or find that a current problem is overwhelming."

I could buy that. Vulnerable? Powerless? Overwhelmed? 

Or, apparently, this dream can indicate sleep apnea.

Huh.

2 comments:

  1. Whooooaaaa! Crazy! That's been my reoccuring dream since I was little! So freaky. Hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a crazy coincidence! I was so surprised that this was a common dream. SO UNPLEASANT.

      Delete