Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crash Bang Boom

Honestly, I'm surprised that I've lived in LA for over two years now and have managed to avoid being in an accident.

Until last night.

Everyone's fine, my poor Marilyn just needs some cosmetic surgery, but damn. Car accidents are NOT FUN, in case you were wondering.

I had gone out to dinner with a group of friends and was cruising along the 405 at nearly 11PM, counting the minutes until my head could hit the pillow. Tragically my exit was closed, so I go onto the next and get in the exit-only lane. Up ahead of me was a BMW who suddenly decided they didn't really want to get off the freeway, and started trying to merge into the lane to the left. LA drivers are douches, and no one would let them get over, so brilliantly they basically STOPPED. I had to slam on my brakes and swerve to the right, between the car and the concrete wall. Total ninja-driver.

Just as I took a deep breath of relief, a motorcycle wedged between myself and the other car.

I can't believe the rider wasn't hurt. It could have been so much worse.

I called the cops, we get off the freeway, narrowly avoiding being hit by other drivers desperate to exit. The driver of the BMW was a pretty young thing who actually asked me, "What happened? Who's fault was that?!" Um, yours?

Really, the whole thing was more of a nuisance to me than a trauma, as it could have been so catastrophic. Especially considering my Marilyn only had some big scrapes on the driver's side, and broken mirror.

And well, that mirror was already broken. So now I get it fixed for free.

Plus, the cops were cute.

So I'm calling it a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment