Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Time Kevin Bacon Winked At Me

It's story time, children! Gather around, grab your sippy cups, and let me tell you a tale of great importance and meaning.

This one time, Kevin Bacon winked at me.

I was seventeen, and had conned my friend's boyfriend into taking me as his plus one to a Santa Barbara Film Festival after party (she was away at college, I am not a terrible whore). I'd gone with my mother to the ceremony honoring Kevin Bacon for...something, and afterwards went with my friend to the furniture store that was doubling as a party space.

We were definitely the two youngest people there, and we ran into a girl we knew from our high school theater program. The three of us were hovering awkwardly by a display of tacky modern glass cabinets, when Mr. Bacon himself strode by with a few big burly security guards.

I totally stared, obviously. My eyes were probably bugging out and I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging open, cartoon-like.

Have I mentioned how much I love Bacon?

So as he sauntered by, all movie-star like, he glanced my way and smiled. Then winked. And kept on his way.

FLOOR.

Obviously this was more of a "look at that adorable child gawking at me"-wink as opposed to a "check out that sexy fox"-wink, but I'll take it.

I consider the Baconwink one of the most defining moments of my life. I even have it in my dating profile. 'Cause who doesn't want to date a girl who got winked at by Kevin Bacon?

True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment