Monday, May 21, 2012

May Challenge Update

I've been slacking on my May challenges.

I'm just about right on track with my calorie burn, 5585/8000 with plenty of classes on my calendar for the rest of the month. I plan to go either tonight or tomorrow, or both if I'm fancy, and I plan to kick it into high gear starting Wednesday. Four weeks until Spaaaaain! I don't think I'll be bikini ready, but I'll at least look great in a one-piece.

I haven't been taking my computer home every night, good for me, but I have not been able to resist the pull of my Roku box and endless episodes of the wonderfully terrible "Make It Or Break It". I haven't even cracked a book.

I am NOT using my time at work constructively. I am KIND OF sticking to my budget. And as far as cooking, I've been so lazy. I didn't buy any groceries whatsoever the first half of the month, which means I've already blown through my eating out monies...sigh. Luckily I've still been totally on plan as far as my food choices, but I definitely need to get back into the kitchen.

You know, once I clean it.

I've made a few meals at home, though, and have discovered my absolute new favorite meal.

SHRIMP TACOS.

La Tortilla Factory low carb/high fiber wraps, shrimp,
salsa con queso, greek yogurt, lettuce. 7 pts.

I have also been super fancy and have been making my college diet staple --- known to me as "toad in the hole" but apparently goes by numerous names.

TJ's High Fiber Bread, eggs, cheddar cheese, ketchup. 9 pts.

You're so jealous, I know. I plan to drag my butt to the store later this week and get the ingredients for some Emily Bites cupcake meals. Then I might branch out and even try a recipe from SkinnyTaste. That's some big game I'm talking. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment