Monday, May 21, 2012

Bridal Shower Style

This weekend I hit the road with my favorite mama to visit San Francisco and my sister, as well as attend the bridal shower of a girl I've known since I was THIS BIG (imagine me waving my hand near my waist). We met in kindergarten, and our parents have been great friends ever since. This family is ridiculous --- three gorgeous daughters, all married off (or soon to be) to high school/college sweethearts. Bitches.

I'm a big fan of road trips, especially with my mom. We never run out of things to talk about, and the 101 from SB to SF has some gorgeous countryside. I almost forget I'm in California. Plus, she didn't take me up on my offer to drive, so I just got to sit. And gossip.



I was eyeing San Francisco with the idea that I may want to live there some day---and I definitely do. You know, in a decade or so, when I have the money to live in a nice place and have a parking spot. Ten minutes off the freeway and we saw a dude in a tutu. Good times. 

The shower was gorgeous. A warm sunny day, an outdoor patio, and custom M&Ms that matched the bride's wedding colors. Now I want to get married just so I can get some Le Creuset and a crock pot. 


I've been digging through my closet these last few weeks, getting rid of the too big and finding out that things that now fit aren't even that cute. I gave my mom a few items that needed a new zipper here, a new seam there, and I had planned to wear one of my favorite dresses to the bridal shower. Unfortunately, it's now too big, but that didn't stop me. I just slapped on a cardigan and I was good to go...except, you know, it was so freaking hot and I couldn't take it off. Ah, how we suffer for fashion.


CHECK OUT THAT CALF MUSCLE.

  • Dress by Free People (I LOVES IT SO MUCH. It has boning in the chest, I hope getting it altered down to a smaller size isn't too tough...)
  • Cardigan by Halogen (I have two in black, and one in brown. Love.)
  • Shoes by Shoedazzle (Still my reigning favorite pair of shoes.)
  • Black Plastic Heart Necklace by I Have No Idea (But I wear it a LOT.)
  • White Aviators by Vigoss (Marshall's!)

No comments:

Post a Comment