Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

I often have what I believe to be brilliant insights into the human condition.

I usually forget them a few minutes later. I should really carry a notebook like some pretentious poet with a pencil permanently shoved up their---

Where was I?

Oh, yes, wisdom.

For instance, I have decided that leaving the freezer set to crushed ice is the equivalent to leaving the toilet seat up. If you're ridiculous enough to enjoy crushed ice, which is messy and sharp, then at least have the decency to return the setting to the standard, normal cubed ice. Harrumph.

Also, another thought, prompted by my OKCupid date last night with a British engineer with a beard. Dudes with sexy accents can get away with saying anything. Womenfolk (or gay fellows) are so distracted by the sexy cadence of a foreign man's voice that they aren't even totally listening. I only realized this morning certain things that my Brit date said that bugged me. I had to detox for 12 hours from the accent.

One more brilliant contribution to your day:

Oh, fuck. I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment