Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Views

Another interview today, for another job I really really want.

WHY MUST I ALWAYS WANT THINGS?

It went well, I think. Not perfectly, but pretty well. The first fucking question was, "What's the best joke you've heard recently?" which come on, talk about putting someone on the spot! Who knows appropriate jokes, anyway? The only one I could half-remember was Sarah Silverman, "I was raped by a doctor, which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl..." Don't think that one would have worked. I ended up saying I'd make him laugh at some point in the interview to make up for not thinking of one, which I did, so all was well. The low point was not totally nailing the Excel test, but I think I showed I was smart enough to be able to learn what I don't know on Excel, if they hire me.

Which they won't.

See, when I want things, I pretty much have to prepare myself for the crushing blow of disappointment, because it inevitably comes, and then I'm just...disappointed. You know? You know.

So I'm taking this view: I will not get this job.

But if I do...it would be awesome.

But I won't.

That's my view, and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment