Tuesday, September 17, 2013

STK Style and Dating Dithering

I HAD A REASON TO GET PRETTY LAST NIGHT.


I do believe I may have mentioned that back after our first or second date, Thumper texted me and asked me for my email address. I pretty much assumed he just wanted to stalk me for my last name, but I provided it, and he forwarded me a GroupOn type deal for a fancy schmancy LA steak house for drinks and appetizers in their bar.

"Do you want me to buy this for us?" he asked.

Uh, yes.

Then we didn't end up using it for two months.

Boy was thinking ahead, is what I'm saying.

So anyway, last night was our big fancy date night, which was a long time coming. See, one thing about me and Thumps is that we are very similar. Which can be good, or can be bad. We both love staying in, and cuddling on the couch, and being lazy, and watching TV. Our dating habits very quickly shifted into that being the norm. And I don't really want that to be the norm. I want to be in a relationship that challenges me, and I want to date someone who takes me out and explores the city with me and doesn't let me languish in my comfort zone.

Though, granted, it isn't totally fair to put that responsibility on someone I'm dating and not on myself, but that's another post.

I digress.

I GOT PRETTY.


The date itself was lovely. Cocktails, appetizers, conversation.

And compliments.

:)

Plus: a dirty martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives.

ORGASMIC.

Overall, it was a loverly date...which ended with us on the couch, cuddling, and watching TV. Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, to be precise.


Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment