Monday, September 30, 2013

I pulled the trigger.

It's done.


No, not really.

I said what I wanted to say, and of course Thumper was as sweet as he ever is. No defensiveness, no arguing, just listening and support. And of course I did what I didn't want to do, I cried a little, and he ended up comforting me.

I am the worst.

He could see it coming this week. And he appreciated my honesty, and said he agreed with what I had to say. He even said he thought I was right. What else was he going to say? He's Thumper.

And of course, even though everyone tells you not to, because it's selfish but I AM selfish, I told him, no pressure, but let me know...about that friends thing. And he said he might like that, because he really does like me. Like I like him.

Right before I left, he said with a joking lilt to his voice, "Tell Bentley I still love him!"


Ugh. Excuse me while I go wallow in self-pity entirely of my own making, because I am COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY THE ONE WHO DESERVES TO BE SAD RIGHT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment