Saturday, June 2, 2012

My New Superpower

I would just like to announce to the world that I conjured a text message using the power of my brain.

On my way to meet a date last night (and a lovely date indeed), my mind drifted to a friend I met on the same dating site almost two years ago. We haven't spoken in almost a year, and as I sat in traffic in West Hollywood I wondered if I would ever get my deserved apology from him.

(I am anticipating two apologies, currently. I keep a running tally. But I digress.)

Lo and behold, later in the evening I pulled out my phone in the bathroom at Dillon's in Hollywood and found two text messages from an unknown number. A drunken, eloquent, and apparently heartfelt apology.

Of course, I had to reply, "Your number isn't saved. Who is this?" Ouch. Two apologies, two possibilities. I did assume I knew who it was, considering my ex-boyfriend probably doesn't have the emotional capacity for the depth of this sentiment, but I had to make sure. And I was right. And the apology was appreciated.

But anyway, that is not the relevant part of the story. My whole point is that I have a superpower, y'all. Either I conjured that text message using the force, or I'm just psychic.

Bow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment