Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Seven Day Challenge

So, I sort of lost some of that awesome motivation I had for awhile there. I'm not quite sure what happened.

Well, that's not entirely true. I hit something of a stall these past five weeks, and after the first few, I let it get to me. Just when I get a little cocky confident and brag about my awesome progress, my psyche likes to rear up and bitch slap me in the face. That's what happened.

My weight loss has looked like this:

-0.4
+0.2
0
-1.6
+1.4

Frustrating, as you can imagine. But I stayed positive! I told myself hey, I'm still lighter than I have been in years of weeks, what's a few of them spent bouncing around the same few pounds? And that kept me (mostly) in check with my eating, but last week I slacked off a bit on yoga.

Then this week, I slacked off more.

And when I see that a big chunk of my paycheck was automatically deducted from my account to pay for said yoga, I start feeling guilty. And guilt leads to shame. And I don't deal with with negative emotions. I swallow them up and self-sabotage.

Sigh.

BUT. Things are turning around. On Friday of last week I was steady around 156. I woke up Saturday morning after a night of drinking, and found myself to be 152ish. Conclusion: Drinking is good for me. I thought it would go back up, and it must have been the result of dehydration. Not so. The loss is still holding today.

I am not going to let this awesomeness make me complacent. I am going to use it as fuel.

SO THIS WEEK. Starting tomorrow. I am challenging myself to go to yoga every day for seven days. Spain is coming up, and I know the more I go to yoga the better I will feel as I frolic around in the sun wearing a maxi dress and giant hat.

I know I can do it. I know I want to do it.

I just have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment