Sunday, June 10, 2012

I have a concert problem.

Just the other night, I had a conversation about wanting to see Gotye in concert. Per a friend of mine, I should be on hallucinogens when I do. I don't know about that, but what should I receive in my inbox the very next morning but a pre-sale password for their show at the Greek Theatre in September? And I just so happened to have that very amount available on one of my credit cards. Fate, I tell you. So I bought two. For me and a mystery guest, potentially the BFF but I just gave her the album so we shall see.

Then the next day, another email, another password, for Metric in October. And my college roommate is moving back to LA, and I happened to know Metric is her favorite. So she bought two for us, and I'll send a check, since I am not a wealthy woman and probably cannot be buying tickets to two concerts in two days.

BUT I WANNA.

8/14      Regina Spektor at the Greek Theatre with the BFF. I <3 Regina.
8/17      Gavin Degraw/Colbie Caillat at the Santa Barbara Bowl with my mama.
9/4        Gotye at the Greek Theatre with Mystery Guest. IT'LL BE MAGICAL.
10/9      Metric at the Greek Theatre with College Roomie. New album comes out next weeeeeeeek.

And in all honesty, I will probably end up buying tickets to Florence + the Machine at the Hollywood Bowl on 10/7 or 8. Did I already see her on this tour? Yes. Do I care? No.

I may have a problem. I do not accept help for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment