Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Crazy Limbs

I have another excuse as to why I haven't been posting.

If you're keeping track, we're now up to three.

1) I'm crazy in the brain.

2) I went and got a life.

3) My certification test for my yoga teacher training program is, oh, this weekend, and I've been studying and panicking and you know generally getting all worked up about it.

YUP LIKE I HAVE TO GO DO THE SEQUENCE TEST IN LIKE OH A COUPLE HOURS SAVE ME FROM MY STRESSES RIGHT NOWWWWW.

Deep breaths.

I got this.

I do, I really think I do. I went through it once today out loud and nailed it. Bentley was impressed. I've been reading my notes and cues. I taught a class to people from work on Wednesday, and felt surprisingly confident while doing so. I think....I've got this.


And I'm sure with a good chunk of cram time tomorrow morning, I'll be set for the written test. I'm okay. I know my eight limbs of yoga and my principles of CorePower and my chakras. Right?!

Meep.

You know what I have right now? Tapas. Self-discipline. It's one of the niyamas, or one of the ways in which a yogi should conduct and treat him/herself in order to work towards achieving peace and enlightenment. It also means heat, it's what we build throughout our practice. Tapas. Yes. I may not be done with my practice hours, I may need to commit myself more whole-heartedly during the extensions program to the physical part of my practice, but when it comes down to what I've learned, I'm confident I've showed tapas in my studying and commitment.

Svadhyaya is another one of the niyamas, and that's certainly one I've been focusing on throughout this process. Self-study. Do I do anything else? I sit in my own head all the time, contemplating my flaws, but maybe I need to start to dig deeper and think of all the ways I've been successful. I am not a failure. I've been doing what I can, with what I have, where I am, and I've done well. No need to be so fucking hard on myself.

I WILL PASS.

Pranayama. Breeeeeaathe. Inhale. Exhale.

Let me review my eight limbs. And shower. Then go kick this sequences's ass.



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear the results! You've got this, but just in case I'm sending extra positive yoga vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete