On this sunny Sunday we first enjoyed a delicious lunch on the patio at Napa Valley Grille in Westwood. Completely amazing. I indulged in elderflower cucumber sangria, had a roasted veggie salad and a vegetable eggs benedict, as well as a small piece of coffee cake. All delicious and light.
After lunch, we saw the matinee showing of the west coast premiere of "Good People" by David Lindsay-Abaire at the Geffen Playhouse. Truly one of the most fantastic and well-acted productions I've had the pleasure of seeing in the last few years. Starring Jane Kaczmarek and Jon Tenney, amongst others, it was both completely hilarious, totally offensive, and a little bit heart-breaking. If you ever have the chance, go see!
So, any excuse I have to get fancy, I will take. And I don't often have excuses. Thus today I decided to wear the new dress I bought yesterday, as it felt appropriately springy, and tried to play up the fun mix of colors in the print.
- Dress by Old Navy (I thought it was a medium, per the hanger it was on. Didn't find out until I'd tried it on, bought it and taken it home that it's actually a small. WTF?!)
- Lace Cardigan by Miss Chievous (I am wearing the shit out of this thing. $15 well spent.)
- Peep-Toe Wedges by Aerosoles (So darn comfy, my feet thank me profusely.)
- Earrings from ModCloth (YELLOW!)
- Sash by What Now? (Pretty sure I got it at a vintage shop or garage sale or something. It looked kind of weird, but I dug it.)
- Gold cuff by H&M (Funny, I was wearing this when I got mugged in Paris last summer. When I fell flat on my face, I landed on my forearm and it got all misshappen and popped off. It fits weird now. True story.)
- Ring by Someone Talented (Bought at a street fair in Seattle in 2008.)
- Purse by Kathy Von Zeeland (I like to carry a lot of crap.)