Sunday, April 22, 2012

Country Wedding Style

I spent this weekend in a little town called Greeley, celebrating the wedding of my cousin. I was stoked to check Colorado off my list of states-to-visit, and Northern CO really was beautiful. Gorgeous sunsets, a sky full of stars, snow-capped mountains in the distance.

But the whole place kind of smelled like cow...not a fan. I guess I'm a bit of a city snob, I don't deny. Give me smog over shit any day. 

But seriously, much fun was had. It was the first time in dozens on years of moons that my entire extended family was together, so that was kind of special. Plus: drunk grandmas.

SO, two weeks ago, I went shopping with my mother for an outfit for the event itself, and enjoyed a fabulous afternoon inside many dressing rooms. Then I spent two hours in my closet Thursday night trying to find something to fit for the rehearsal dinner among the too big and too small. I do have to say, fashion is so much more fun 35 pounds lighter.

Sidenote: Two pounds away from the 150s...and I have not been there in about 5 years. SO MUCH HAPPY.

Anyway, I had a ton of style fun this weekend, so let's get to it, shall we?

Oh, wait.

1) I need to work on my fashion photography. Check out the sexy bathroom shots, hey-o.
2) Heels hurt a lot less when there's less weight on them. The more you know. 
3) Say hi to Mr. Tree in the corner! He LOVES shoes. He's very gay. We'll come back to that another time.
4) Check out that awesome manicure. A few days old without a chip, for $9? AMAZING.

Rehearsal Dinner 





  • Tank by Whothehellknows (I've been wearing this thing for probably four years, it has no tag.)
  • Lace Cardigan by Miss Chievous (Purchased at Marshall's in West LA. I have a lace fetish.)
  • Skirt by Counterparts (Dug from the depths of my closet.)
  • Shoes by ShoeDazzle (So insanely cute and comfy, red suede amazingness. Am in love.)
  • Jeweled Feather Ring by...No Idea (Maybe Guess? It was a gift from my sister. Funny story, another cousin's girlfriend was wearing the same ring.)
  • Rose Gold Cuff by H&M (Bought to match the ring, maybe $5? I love cheap.)
  • Beaded Bracelet by ME! (I'm taking a jewelry class through Santa Monica Continuing Education. So fancy.)
  • Feather Earrings by Owlita (Now defunct. Tragic, because these earrings are AMAZING.)
  • Flower Clutch by You'd Think It Would Say (All I know is it's Made In Italy, and I love it. It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast.)

Ceremony & Reception



  • One-Shoulder Dress by Laundry by Shelli Segal (SO IN LOVE. My wonderful mother purchased it for me.  And it's a freaking size 8. Want to live in it.)
  • Shoes by Style&Co (Macy's brand, one of my favorites. Fits my wide feet and actually makes medium sized heels.)
  • Ring by Guess (OMGILOVEMYBUG.)
  • Earrings by Kensie (I love sparkles. Another gift from my favorite mother.)
  • Floral Wrap by Collection Eighteen (Another Marshall's find, apparently it's a Tahitian pareo? I thought it was a scarf.)
  • Purple Clutch by Style&Co (I got it for like, $6. Amazing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment